Monday, November 7, 2022

And we're back...

And we're back.  After two weeks in Indonesia in the hot sun (and sometimes in the hot water), real life has returned but millions of motor bikes still buzz in my ear.  My internal clock still catching up to European time, in the next couple of weeks I will post photos here.   

I read James Clavell's King Rat in airports, airplanes, and beaches, and can say: overrated.  I don't know if I can summon the strength to review it.  Much easier to (re-)read on the beach, airports, airplanes, trains, etc. was George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones.  This book holds up very well,  Say what you want about the tv series, but in the book Martin does a masterful job spinning wheels within wheels within wheels while keeping morality, at least for the most part, human.  

I also read Jon Courtenay Grimwood's Stamping Butterflies, which was superb.  Review coming in a moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment